What is CARF?
CARF is a not-for-profit organization that focuses primarily on advertising, communications and media research.
We play an important role in keeping its members aware of developments in advertising, communications and media research and as an independent body, assists in evaluating advertising and media research methods and studies
1. To develop, publish and update guideline documents for the evaluation of communications research and the reporting of research studies
2. To stimulate the development of new and improved research techniques through the interchange of ideas with other countries
3. To help develop and promote Canadian expertise
4. To review and appraise published research and comment on the technical validity and usefulness
5. To voice key industry concerns and work to provide ways for interested parties to work together to resolve them
6. To provide a forum for discussion of industry issues and exchange of ideas
7. To be a source of information on advertising and media research issues for its members
8. To support lobbying efforts on behalf of the industry